City of Bones - Cassandra Clare Since the movie is to come out this year I though I'd give this one another try. I actually enjoyed my second time just as well as the first. Although the book isn't the best I've read, it is fast paced, well written, interesting at ever turn. So...

Clary has lived in a lie her whole life but when she learns the truth it will be the worst way possible. Her mother has gone missing, Luke(the closest thing she has to a father) has abandoned her and her new friends and only people who can help her go around killing demons for a living.

And of course it is YA so it has all the teen angst and turmoil as well as the freaking love triangle, although the revelations in the end are kind of like a bath in ice water. But romance is romance. We have Clary and then we have Jace, the bad boy/demon hunter, and Simon, the geeky/awkward friend who -surprise, surprise- is actually cute but had to show lust for another for Clary to notice!

And last but not least we have Valentine. Valentine is our bad guy but I actually love him and when the movie comes out I'll love him even more because he is played by this guy...

*happy dance*