The Mark of Athena - Rick Riordan Full of spoilers

"We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again."
Only then did she understand what would happen. A one-way trip. A very hard fall.
"As long as we're together," she said.
She heard Nico and Hazel still screaming for help. She saw sunlight far, far above- maybe the last sunlight she would ever see.
Then Percy let go of his ledge, and together, holding hands, he and Annabeth fell into the endless darkness.”

What an end! But let's see from the beginning!

[a:Rick Riordan|15872|Rick Riordan|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1204641046p2/15872.jpg] has proven again and again that he knows how to write a thrilling book through his Percy Jackson series and then again with his Heroes of Olympus! He combines YA romance with adventure and Greek Mythology to create stories for teen and adults alike.

4 stars is sadly what I believe a generous rating for this book. I have to admit that only the last chapters and Percy saved the book from being a bore! When I started reading this book I thought I would enjoy it as much as the others but I found it lacking. Of course every one of them can't be perfect but I was a little dissapointed.

We have our problems.
Jason “Never seen Jason fly before," Percy grumbled. "He looks like a blond Superman”

Except for being pretty I really think that the best thing Jason did in this book was being knocked out through most of it. He was like muscle without brain, seeking glory and trying to prove he was better than Percy and failing in all accounts!

Annabeth “I learned a long time ago: Never bet against Annabeth."

Can I just say...What is wrong with that girl! I never really liked know-it-alls but usually Annabeth was entertaining enough in the other books to skip it but not in this one. Everytime it was her POV I inwardly groaned from frustration. Her parts were the most boring!

The plot

The story was good, the mythological creatures were interesting, the end was perfect but it was all like a run in slow motion. I felt like turning a few pages to find the excitement!

Of course it wasn't all bad, I gave it 4 stars after all. It had it's LOL moments like “Hercules,huh? Percy frowned. "That guy was like the Starbucks of Ancient Greece. Everywhere you turn--there he is.” or “I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts" - Leo Valdez”.

And of course we had Percy. This guy is addictive. He is handsome, funny, loyal to a fault and of course: "Nico: "Percy is the most powerful demigod I’ve ever met."

And THE END the ohhs and ahhs and all the wows for this book go there! It's what earned the 4 stars most of all. Even if you have decided not to read more it ends in a way that you can't wait for the next book!