Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror) - Karina Halle That was... That was...

This book was mind-blowing! It left me breathless, scared, creeped out and of course craving more. It was by far the best in the series so far.

“This is the Island of Death. This is purgatory. This place has a dark soul of its own. And it will drown you in its depths.”

Perry and Dex take up a new "ghost hunting" expedition on an island just off the coast of Vancouver. The island used to be a leper "dump ground" and is now rumored to be haunted by those nameless souls.

It was supposed to be a simple job, get on the island, camp there one night, film something worth playing for their show and go home but nothing is that simple, they don't call it the Island of Death without a reason. Once again a simple filming job turns into a run for their lives but can they run fast enough?

Perry will start seeing things that Dex can't. Out of the blue she will get a new "friend" but can she trust her? After all are the dead friendly? And what about the accusations she makes against Dex? Can she be right?

What happens when even your "insane" partner starts to think you are going crazy? What happens when you are the only one who can see the things lurking in the dark? Can you trust your own mind? What if he is right and the whole thing is just a big hallucination your sick mind has come up with?

Perry will try to warn Dex but will he listen before it's too late for them? The island itself has turned against them and the malevolent forces on it aren't about to let them leave their island alive.

This book was so scary at certain points that at times I thought of shutting it and trying again in daylight but curiosity kept me reading. Karina Halle has done excellent work in the building of the mystery. The anxiety levels keep rising until you think you can't take any more but still you keep going!

I still don't like Dex but it doesn't take away anyting from the awesomeness of this book although it did leave me a little bit frustrated in the "romance" aspect, it is true that it only hightened my curiosity for the next one.

I can't wait to read what's to follow...