Eternal Kiss of Darkness - Jeaniene Frost I have to say that I love the Night Huntress series (at least up until a certain point) but I really LOVED this book.
The reasons it is one of my favorites:
1) Mencheres. Mencheres in the Night Huntress seems very uptight and closed off but in this book we see another side of him! He is adventurous, passionate and not afraid to break some rules. Sure he continues to be brooding and a little sad but I thing Frost did a great job turning a kind of boring character into a romance hero!
2) Kira. Kira is courageous, moral, loyal and deffinitely sexy in a tough girl sort of way. She is a typical romance heroine without the whiny stuff that usually are a great deal breaker for me!
3) The plot. The plot isn't exactly original for sure but it isn't the story we read every day either! It is fast paced enough that it doesn't get boring throughout the book and original enough that you don't see every corner coming!

I have to admit that probably the reason it was so exciting is that I read it with very little hopes for a good story after the previous book of this series wich I have to admit was kind of a dissapointment! But I think Frost more than made up for it with this one!! What I really look forward to is a book on Ian but I don't see it in the near future!:(